Saturday, June 18, 2011

wittle pancreas-friend likes to cause problem-o's

First off, I need coffee before this day turns disastrous. Secondly , I want to reiterate that I wish my Dexcom showed up yesterday because I'm getting a little frustrated with blood sugars into the 30's before I feel them. Is that scary to anyone else? I mean I've always had low's but I have always felt them before hand while still in the 60's. 
I remember going to camp as a kid when I first started around age 11 and over hearing the older counselors and Dr's speaking about times in diabetics lives when they stop feeling that they're low. And I thought, " How is that even possible?" I always feel so different from the norm that I couldn't even fathom not feeling a low blood sugar.  This was also in my denial days. Not of diabetes as a whole, but of the complications of the future that could put a damper on my life. I wouldn't call not feeling low blood sugars a diabetes complication, or is it? Not per se it isn't. But it is complicated right? It's scary and can happen at the most inconvenient times causing confusion and shakiness and sweating. Well, sounds like a complicated complication if you ask me. And I'm almost 21 years old and I've been drinking more Juicy Juice juiceboxes now, than when I was 5. So please diabetes God please reverse the curse of the absence of low blood sugar feeling. Or just fix my pancreas who has clearly gotten lost on his route of success in life . His? Guessing little pancreas-friend is a boy for today's post.  Or PLEASE Mr.FedEx man, show up on Monday. I beg you. 

1 comment:

  1. Those hidden, sneaky Lows are the worst - and it seems they do come more often the longer you've been around the block. I have most of my unawareness at night while sleeping, sadly, and so a CGM is the best bet to catch them - aside from waking up and testing which isn't a fav task. Hopefully Monday brings the FedEx man for you, and that the unawareness is few and far between if at all.

    ReplyDelete